Monday, July 17, 2006

france 1 korea 1

today my colleagues said that i am feminine. i act like a girl. i am touchy. oversensitive. dun act macho and masculine. that's y people dun like me. dat's y girls dun like me. they treat me like a 姐妹, but they dun like me.

on the 1 hand, i try to be godly, to do what is said in the Bible. But many of the Bible's qualities would be what the world considers feminine: gentleness, kindness, patience, meekness, submissiveness, peaceability, love, forgiveness, people and relationship orientedness, sensitivity, meeting needs. Am I stereotyping here? Masculinity is associated with assertiveness, firmness, handling tasks, competition. these aren't exactly what the Bible is looking for.

And yet, I also recognise that I am petty, calculative, whiney, oversensitive, dunno how to be firm.
& i complain that I am fat!

Sigh.

the writer is doing conscription liability in _________. He contributed this article to the blog in his personal capacity. He cannot be named to protect his identity, cos freedom of speech is enshrined in the constitution. He has 332 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home