Monday, April 10, 2006

real madrid 1 real sociedad 1

ok. this blog is not serving its purpose, which originally is to glorify God. instead it's become an avenue for self-pity & grumbling about God's will in my life - the exact opposite. today i had lunch with my colleagues - 7 of them. we rarely do this, & it's cos 1/2 of them were down in Mindef for Pride Day. nice of them to invite me along, but really, I'm not going to give up praying in Mindef - in fact, God has always shown me that I cannot run away from His will but within His will I am really really really blessed - today I found somebody who has agreed to meet up with me during lunchtime to pray. can His will be denied?

also, today ended up in Sembawang Pri Sch. Instead of grumbling, I shall thank God. Branch Head managed to arrange it such that I take his phone calls when I'm not around (not my job, but I don't mind doing it). Instead of just passing messages, I also become a convenient person to arrow when the other person on the line needs branch head to do something (ie, to get 1 of his team to do sthing). So today went down to Sembawang Pri Sch for a meeting with the principal and a teacher. They are passionate about National Education & believe that NE should start at pri schs when young kids are just receptive. Refreshing from the typical teacher's response to NE - more work. Of course this means more work for my department. (& more work for me). I could have grumbled about it, but I don't mind wearing civilian clothes to go to visit the sch and get welcomed like a guest in the principal's office, learning from the way the principal and teacher carry themselves and talk about their school and students. Tell them about my department to hone my communication skills & show my own enthusiasm for NE. in the end, the school said they would do most of the work, & the liaison work is mainly done by other people in my office - i just only need to jot down in short form the meeting minutes, which doesn't take v long to do, & i gain so much more than if I just stayed in the office (including exploring the Sembawang area of Singapore, which I've never been). transport is paid by the government (S$19 bil in reserves). And of course, when the principal found out I'm an NSF, there's the same shock - cos my NS life is so much better than his, he found his own enthusiasm for NE tested. Hee hee.

Yes, you won't usually get such an entry on my blog cos I am a pessimistic & a realistic person. But realism can also be used to thank God. 水能载舟亦能覆舟. water can move a boat & also sink it, so everything can be used for good & bad. But I'm learning to obey God. & that's what I think this blog is supposed to be for.

the writer is doing conscription liability in ___________. He contributed this article to the blog in his personal capacity. He cannot be named to protect his identity, because freedom of speech is enshrined in Singapore's constitution. He has 433 days to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dominic said...

Personally, I find that grumbling, dwelling in self-pity and sinking into depression is sometimes inevitable. The important thing is where do you seek help when in despair?

The world or God? The flesh or the Lord?

We do have a choice. But even as the world tries to tempt, destroy and distract us from God, let us look up instead of looking around.

The evil one may torment our flesh, but he shall not waver our faith. The world may torture our bodies, but our spirits live with the Lord.

Despite all hardships, adversities and tribulations, we must know that God is in control and all that occurs is part of His good plan for us.

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 28

13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. Phi 2

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home