Monday, April 24, 2006

arsenal 1 spurs 1

is my EQ very low?
do I always call attention to myself & always make myself the focus of attention?
_____________________________________________________________________

i was at Tampines Junior College in the line of work, when 2 girls looked strangely at me & then tried to smile at me. confused, i went back to my seat in the tuckshop, when, suddenly i remembered. these were students i taught during my 5-week relief teaching stint at a school 3 years ago. Now the years have passed by and they are still in J2. I have moved to Clementi, but the 2 girls at the secondary school along Bedok Reservoir Rd still recognise me, remember me, & acknowledge me, cos they came up to say "Hi". & they called be my the teacher's address, & reminded me what I taught them last time in social studies with a laugh. To think about it, 1 more year & they will graduate & be heading towards university. Just to see them, & to hear them remember me, all those 5 weeks of teaching 3 years ago paid off.

if only my alma mater could value me in the same way as these 2 humble girls.

if only those peers that i hung out wif during secondary school & JC would value me as their fren, or at least acknowledge me as somebody who grew up together with them.

the writer is doing conscription liability in _________. he contributed this article to the blog in his personal capacity. he cannot be named to protect his identity, cos freedom of speech is enshrined in the constitution.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dominic said...

I know how you feel. Un-recognised and under-appreciated at times.

Nevertheless, all we do, we do it for Him. Therefore, I believe that all our efforts are not in vain.

1 Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. Psalm 127

Man may not see it or even appreciate it but God sees it. And it is commendable in His eyes.

23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Col 3

Yup, so let's stand firm in faith and in service for Him. God bless!

5:27 AM  
Blogger the third wei said...

*hugz*

:)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Joline said...

about the EQ bit: NO. And i sincerely believe that some people with great EQ become the focus of attention BECAUSE of this attractive attribute.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home