Wednesday, February 08, 2006

chelsea 2 liverpool 0 (gallas 35, crespo 68, reina red card 79)

people are always mistaking me for being a woman on the fone! When I gave tuition I would advertise that I am Chinese male, and when a mother calls about her son, she would say, "well, you put on the leaflet Chinese male, are you the tutor himself?" Once a mother called about her daughter and when she heard me on the fone she doubted that I was male, and decided not to take me! I suppose she should have been more enthusiastic knowing I am female, but she was freaked out thinking that this is a female masquerading as a male!

then there was the woman who was so angry on the fone with me that she finally in frustration yelled out, "Madam!"

finally, there's the best 1, the plane ticket. The 1st customer service officer kept asking if I was the 1 flying when she found out my name was ___________. I cannot be named to protect my identity.

the 2nd 1 did better. She sent me the ticket, and it was addressed as, Mdm ________! I had to wait 2 weeks for them to issue me another ticket.

The writer is doing conscription liability in ___________. HE contributed this article to the blog in HIS personal capacity. HE cannot be named to protect HIS identity.

3 Comments:

Blogger the third wei said...

haha.

Well, well.

I think if you calm down before making / answering the phone call, your voice is actually not as high.

So ... take a deep breath first lar. :)

5:30 AM  
Blogger lychee said...

Just had some career talk sessions in school. The speaker said if there is such problems ( she encounters students with problems with voices), go down and talk to them face-to-face.How about arrange an appointment to meet the student and the parent?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Joline said...

I think your voice is Youthful. Not feminine.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home